Monday, April 20, 2015

Final Semester Project

For my semester project I focused on the topic of the Male Gaze.  Specifically, I focused on how the Male Gaze is portrayed in everyday life more specifically in movies.  My hobbies include watching movies and writing so I created a website that had a blog within it.  In the blog posts I wrote about how the Male Gaze is everywhere that we go whether we pay attention to it or not.  I also so far have included three movies and included videos of examples of the Male Gaze in those particular movies.  My inspiration for this project was from Laura Mulvey who started the term of the Male Gaze.  The reason I chose to focus on movies and write about it is because I go to the movies every weekend and I am minoring in creative writing so I figured the best way to go about that would be to write little blog posts about something that interests me.  My main audience for this website are women who understand what it is like to constantly have that attention brought to you.  Also, it is to get people aware that the Male Gaze is everywhere, even in  your favorite movie or television show.

This website will be updated as I come across new movies or ideas that portray the Male Gaze.  I will update it by creating new posts on the blog tab.

Feminism & the Male Gaze website & blog


Mean girls movie









Bibliography of sources that I have used so far:

"The Male Gaze: How Women's Position in Cinema Has Evolved Over the Last Few Years." Latin Post RSS. 3 June 2014. Web. 8 Apr. 2015.

Lang, Brent. "Study Finds Fewer Lead Roles for Women in Hollywood." Variety. N.p., 09 Feb. 2015. Web. 29 Apr. 2015.
 
"Plastics Walking" Video courtesy of Youtube & Mean Girls movie
 
Virtel, Louis. Mean Girls. Digital image. 10 Underappreciated Things About "Mean Girls" N.p., n.d. Web.                  
 
"The Longest Ride Trailer" video courtesy of Nicholas sparks & Youtube
"Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 Trailer" video courtesy of Youtube       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment