Thursday, April 9, 2015

Semester Project Update


I will be doing a powerpoint presentation on women in the Middle East. In discussions of general issues facing women in the Middle East, the diversity of female lifestyles and conditions is often lost. In reality, the role of culture has been even more prominent in perpetuating the oppression of women. In the presentation not only will I explain and raise awareness by presenting problems women in the Middle East face but also interview women who have experienced both worlds; living in the Middle East and living here in the US. She will talk about the difference she feels in the two and how difficult life was there then here. The way we can overcome this issue is by providing women with opportunities to go to school, having the opportunity to do more than being a house wife. Through the questions I will be asking the interviewee, we will see how we can raise awareness for women in the Middle East to be treated equally.   


1 comment:

  1. When I first thought about my semester project I also. I came across a piece of work called "she who tells a story". Here's a link of a site with Q&A and it describes how her mediums fulfill her purpose. http://m.sfgate.com/art/article/Arab-women-s-photographs-at-Cantor-Arts-Center-6046389.php#photo-7422392

    ReplyDelete