Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Semester Project

        For my semester project I will be making a murder crime scene collage. I will be replicating the evidence of the murder of my friend who was killed my freshmen year of high school.(no gruesome photos)
I am making this project because although it has been 9 years since her murder I still want to keep her memory alive. Her murder still remains unsolved. After all this time people dont remember her has a person anymore. Authorities and everyone else just remember her has the 14 year old girl who was murdered and thrown in a dumpster. I want people to still remember her as a person like I still do. My audience is everyone who has ever lost someone in a violent way. We cannot let people forget that these heinous crimes are happening around us. We cant let our friends/family members be just another statistic of crime. We have to keep their memory alive while being aware of the world we live in.
My life goal is to make it into the FBI. I choose this field because I’ve always had an interest in it and growing up I saw a lot of people being violently killed. After the story dies down their forgotten. I want them to be remembered, they deserve it.

Artist that im getting my research from include Sejla Kamerić, Sally Mann’s and Teresa Margolles.

    Biblography

Londonmultimedianews,. 'Evidence No. 1. Angela Strassheim.'. N.p., 2015. Web. 8 Apr. 2015.


Saner, Emine. 'True Crime: The Women Making Art Out Of Murder'. the Guardian. N.p., 2015. Web. 8 Apr. 2015.


Warmfoundation.org,. 'Ab Uno Disce Omnes'. N.p., 2015. Web. 8 Apr. 2015.

Body Farm by Sally Mann

                         Ab Uno Disce Omne by Sejla Kameric


                                                           
       transplating a crime scene by Teresa Margolles

                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment