Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Semester Project

For my semester project I am creating a website that has to do with the way the Male Gaze is portrayed in everyday life.  Within the website I created a blog where I will be uploading new posts about feminism and the male gaze.  Within the tabs of the website I will include a bibliography of any research that I use, a blog, and images of the male gaze.  The focus of  the male gaze will be from television and movies as well as everyday life.

Part of my inspiration to create a blog on a website was from this class.  I like how the whole class is set-up using a blog because it is something that a lot of people can relate to now that everyone uses different types of social media.  Social media has become such a convenience for so many of us that it only makes sense to start incorporating it into a bigger range of uses.

I am making this project because the male gaze has been a topic that I have found extremely interesting.  It is also something that I have come to realize happens on an everyday basis as a part of being a girl.  Also, I am minoring in creative writing because writing is something that I have always enjoyed.  I especially like writing when I enjoy the topic that it is about.  So, since I enjoy the topic of the male gaze and have found the conversations of it from this class to be very interesting it is something that will be fun for me to write about.  I have chose to create blog posts on a website because I can write a bunch of shorter different kinds of topic posts for people to read rather then a long essay that people may find too long and boring.  A blog post would be short and too the point.  My main audience would be women who are the subjects of the male gaze.  My message would be to inform my audience about how the male gaze has become part of our daily lives.  This will fit into my portfolio because of my minor so it would show that I can research a topic and write about it.   Also, in business people don't like to read long papers they prefer to read something short and too the point so a blog post would be the best fit for that as well.  At this point I have created the website and have created one blog post.  From now until the deadline of this project I will be working on it and creating a couple more blog posts.


Bibliography so far.

"The Male Gaze: How Women's Position in Cinema Has Evolved Over the Last Few Years." Latin Post RSS. 3 June 2014. Web. 8 Apr. 2015. http://www.latinpost.com/articles/14120/20140603/male-gaze-womens-position-cinema-evolved-over-last-few-years.htm.

link where the project will be:

http://laurenforlizzi1.wix.com/feminismandmalegaze

No comments:

Post a Comment