Monday, April 20, 2015

Semester Project

My semester project is a blog that addresses nipple censorship of women but not of men. I decided to do this because as a feminist, one can see this is not equal for all. Women's nipples are sexualized and made illegal to show while men's are not. Where's the equality in that? We all have nipples so why not show them if men can. This is just one example of the patriarchal society that we live in. 

After reviewing options of what I could research, I first went to the Free the Nipple campaign. I've learned so much through learning about them and reading interviews from the founder. It's honestly such an inspiring movement. 

Photo courtesy of Wallshit.com
There are currently 5 states that have made breast feeding in public illegal, and 35 states that have made showing nipples illegal for women. Why make breastfeeding in public illegal when it's one of the most natural things in the world? I've read info from the many sources cited at the end of this post. 


Link to my blog:




Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment