Sunday, April 12, 2015

Semester Proposal

For my semester proposal I started with the idea of focusing on one women artist and recreating her work digitally to compare and contrast the differences between her median of choice and mine. However after being in class and seeing part of the "revolution" movie another idea arose. I have always been about gaining more knowledge along with sharing the knowledge with other individuals that might not be aware of the topic. For my project I have decided I will create a blog with numerous women artists (10-15) that will have three parts to each artist. I will display their picture and name, one famous painting, and will have a small section of an "about me". The purpose of this project derived from the fact that I was not able to answer the question " can you name 5 women artists" when I first entered this class. Now that I have gained more exposure on women artists I feel the need to return the exposure to other individuals that didn't have the chance to attend this class. The goal of my blog will be to have individuals see it, navigate it and be able to name 5 women artists by the time they leave my blog. This is important to me because I will then feel like I have done my part in sharing my knowledge and also make women artists more publicized. Once the blog is complete I will be posting a link on my social networks so the link can reach a greater number of people.

1 comment:

  1. I like the motivation for the project. I would suggest that you think about the project as an ongoing blog where many people can contribute. Maybe you can also accompany the blog with a hashtag # for twitter and instagram that would allow other people to share their knowledge as well. I am thrilled at the idea that we pay our own knowledge forward to inspire others to also learn and be inspired and I love that you have chosen to do this. But in order to insure success and broaden the reach of the project think about how you might be able to use the base of your blog to create a mini movement of people who want to be able to #namefivewomenartists!

    ReplyDelete